If you are a regular swimmer or love to visit water parks to beat the heat, then this article is definitely for you.
Yes we all know that to keep the water parks or swimming pools water clean chlorine is mixed, this kills the harmful bacteria and germs that can make you sick, but here is one thing more that you should know about, that chlorine might be good for everything, but not for your hairs.
Harmful effects of chlorine on hairs are:
- Dehydrate your hairs, and steal all the natural oil and protective ingredients from the scalp
- Can also de-colour your hairs and can also break off
How to protect your hairs from chlorine water before you enter a swimming pool
Condition your hairs:
Before you enter in the swimming pool apply coconut oil or a very good hair conditioner to create a protective layer for your hairs, this will reduce the amount absorption level of chlorine for your hairs.
Take a Bath
Before entering in the swimming pool take a good shower and get your hairs as wet as you can, because dry hairs act like a sponge and they will absorb a huge amount of chlorine that will damage your hairs. Showering before entering in the swimming pool will reduce the amount of chlorine absorption.
Wear a cap
Swimming caps are made up of silicone, latex or lycra, these are the best protective head gears when it comes to swimming, as they reduce the amount of water and chlorine absorbed by your hairs.
How to reduce hair damage from chlorine after swimming
Though the above tips will minimize your hair damage from chlorine before entering the swimming pool, you can go one step further with the aftercare swimming tips to reduce hair damage from chlorine further.
- Clean your hair thoroughly but gently with water, use a mild shampoo that will help you in washing away the harmful chlorine substance from your hair.
- Use a good furry towel and wrap it around your hairs this will soak extra water from your hairs before conditioning
- Let your hairs dry a bit and then implement a good conditioner to straighten your hairs, this will reduce the tangling of your hairs and hair break-of
- After conditioning your hairs, don’t leave the conditioner for long, as it can make your hair look greasier, instead use a thin towel or cotton t-shit to soak the conditioner off from your hairs.
- Check your scalp; if you feel like your scalp is too dry, use mild oil to give your scalp a gentle massage, this will help you in restoring your scalp health back to normal.
- If you feel like that your hairs are too much damaged the best would be consulting your hair stylist, they will access your hairs and provide you with a proper hair treatment to reduce the damage further. If the numbers of hair fall is increasing, you should immediate consult your nearby Hair transplant clinic.
If you follow the above hair care tips, there is nothing much to worry about, but if you think that chlorine has damaged your hair up to a great extent, it is advised to visit your nearby Hair loss treatment doctor. You can also try some effective tips frequently used by people to prevent hair loss.