Do you even realize that some of the techniques used for hair care are meant for straight and wavy hair, and aren’t ideal for curly hair?
Curls are one of the most attractive types of hair types, but also the hardest to maintain. Here’s your curly hair care guide!
- A standout amongst the most vital tips for curly locks is to discover a hairstylist who truly knows how to style curls without harming them.
- A major issue with curly hair is that the ends have a tendency to get exceptionally dry. Ensure you utilize additional conditional products to easily comb hair or draining out the vital oils your scalp creates naturally.
- Get a shampoo and conditioner that are meant for curly hair. A high quality shampoo and conditioner is a decent choice, as it won’t allow your hair to dry out and gives it a delicate texture.
- Curly hair isn’t similar to other types and washing it excessively can be damaging. Try not to wash hair more than twice a week.
- Utilize a high quality cleanser, if your curls feel dry after washing.
- It is a smart thing to keep anti-frizz serums, styling gels and heat protectants in your bag. Curly hair has a habit to act quite rather randomly!
- The right moment to untangle your curls is the point at which they are wet or moist. Untangling when they are dry will increase dryness and enhance frizzes. Try not to utilize a tight toothed brush as it will bring in a considerable amount of breakage. Go for a wide toothed brush with delicate bristles.
- Curly hair gets frizzy quite quickly when exposed to heat. It’s a good idea to air-dry your curls. Likewise, abstain from washing up with hot water as cold water is ideal for curls, but you can go for lukewarm water also.
- To get curls in control, massage done by using hot coconut oil is a must. Get a couple drops of either olive or almond oil and mix them into the coconut oil for additional nutrition, and then massage your scalp with it. Remember, avoiding oil massages is one of the major reasons for hair loss in women.
- Starting right from this moment, just stop combing roughly or flat ironing your hair. If you’re going to apply any heat styling treatments, then don’t forget to use a thermal protectant. Using a quality serum before and after styling is also an excellent idea.
- There’s no doubt that the best time to detangle is when your hair is damp or wet, but wait for it to dry completely before styling. Air drying is ideal before you start styling your hair.
- Women with curly hair can get more benefits by using accessories compared to girls with other hair types. Accessories not only look stylish, but they also hold the curls in place.