In case you’re considering getting cosmetic surgery treatment you have to locate a renowned clinic and a cosmetic surgeon you can trust. You need your treatment to be performed in a proper to ensure you stay away from any mishaps and only best practices are used in your treatment.
Here are some of the most important questions you need to ask your surgeon to ensure that he delivers the best outcomes for your cosmetic surgery.
- Question #1 – What Are Your Surgeon’s Qualifications/Background
In India, you would easily find many cosmetic surgeons who offer different types of cosmetic surgeries. It will be excellent, if you are able to find a cosmetic surgeon who has done his higher studies for top colleges in the world, for example, Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh (U.K.).
- Question #2 – Since When The Surgeon Has Been Performing Surgeries And Does He Has Any Specialized Training?
No doubt, it’s a good question to ask. Longer the surgeon has been doing surgeries, the more experience he has. Also, find out if he has done any specialized training, for example, M.Ch. Plastic Surgery.
- Question #3 – Is Your Surgeon Member Of A Recognized Medical Organization?
It’s very important to find out if your surgeon is a member of a recognised medical organisation or not. Some of the well-known organisations are:
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSED)
- International Society of Hair restoration Surgeons (ISHRS)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Plastic Surgery of India (APSI)
- Andheri Medical Association (AMA)
- Association of Medical Consultants (AMC)
- Question #4 – How Many Treatments Have Been Performed By The Surgeon? Were There Any Complications?
There are many surgeons who keep a record of all the surgeries they’ve performed previously. It’s not possible for you to see record of each and every surgery ever performed by the surgeon. You need to find the most qualified surgeon in your city. For example, if you live in Mumbai, then find the best cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai who has a history of performing some of the most successful treatments.
However, just by asking this question and the reactions of the surgeon will help you to identify that how confident the surgeon is about his skills and expertise. Keep in mind that there might have been some complications in some surgeries performed by the surgeon. But, that’s not important, what’s important is to check how the surgeon managed the complications and to ensure that those complications didn’t occur due to the negligence of the surgeon.
- Question #5 – How Easily The Surgeon Can Be Reached?
It’s important to ensure that your surgeon can be contacted easily. So that in case of any complication or any other surgery issue, you can ask for your surgeons help and recommendations.
Final Thoughts: You need to keep in mind that some cosmetic surgeries are complex and should only be performed by a renowned surgeon at a cosmetic clinic. Find a cosmetic clinic that offers services of the most skilled and renowned surgeon.